How to make: Chocolate Truffle Tart
For Chocolate Truffle Tart:
• 1 recipe pie dough
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 1 large egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Prepare the tart shell: on a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough until 1/8 inch thick.
3. Using a large spatula, place into a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing slightly to cover the bottoms and sides.
4. Trim the dough to be flush with the rim and chill for 10 minutes.
5. Cover shell with parchment paper, and fill with pie
6. Blind-bake shell in the oven until pale golden brown for 15 minutes.
To prepare tart filling:
1. In a medium saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil.
2. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the chocolate and egg yolk and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour filling into the prepared tart shell.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until set around the rim but still slightly jiggly in the center.
6. Unmold after cooling.
This recipe is has a simple 3-2-1 ratio: three parts flour, two parts butter, and one part water with a pinch of salt. This recipe has very few ingredients but tastes like a million bucks.
Recommended for you
By: Chef Mark Kalix
Share this recipe