How to make: Orange Pound Cake
For Orange Pound Cake:
• 4 ounces sugar
•4 ounces butter
• 4 ounces (2 large) eggs
• 4 ounces flour
• ½ cup water
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon orange extract
• 1 pinch salt
• Zest and juice of 1 orange
• 4 oz apricot jam for the glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter and flour a 10-inch loaf cake pan.
3. Cream together butter and sugar for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in lemon extract, baking soda, baking powder,
salt, lemon juice and zest.
6. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with flour. Mix each addition until just blended.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or when an
instant read thermometer reads 200 degrees in the
middle of the cake.
9. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes
10.Remove from pan and place directly onto the wire
rack or invert onto the wire rack if using a 1-piece
11. Melt apricot jam in a pot and glaze cake after cooled.
This recipe is easy remember because it's a one-to-one-to-one-to-one ratio of the four main ingredients. You can swap the orange for lemon, raspberry, or your favorite fruit. This is best served sliced thick and lightly grilled.
Recommended for you
By: Chef Mark Kalix
Share this recipe